Thursday, April 9, 2020

Archives of a Memoirist




I will keep you in my heart so as my mind,
so I can feel your presence everytime I rewind.
Memories are a keepsake for life and yours will always remain with me,
The day when we said our goodbye and thou shall remain be.
I still wonder why we met if we had to part!
I still wonder why you had to leave without a word, didn't you know I was really hurt?
I was quiet even after the parting storm you created,
looking for the bits and pieces which must have been mistreated!
Picking up clues where did I go wrong, or if it was never meant at all?
or If we were too much in my head than our real life's brawl.
I am sure you have your side too, to say;
But that doesn't stop my side, to not build its way!
Your reasons must have been reasonable ,logical or grey,
I was gullible enough to believe it was only  heart and emotions that had the say!
I wanted to stand by you through thick and thin,
sometimes even if I had to ignore myself or commit a sin.
Probably the extremists like me have a deep prolong affect of everything important,
whether it was your talks,your habits or the fact you were adamant.
Your imprints on my life has left me forever longing,
they will still stay with me even if I inearth all your belongings.
Some memories cannot be taken out of your heart and mind,
they just live there profoundly making their presence once in a while.
The dark corners they stay in have flaps of  an opportunist,
that when you sit with an empty mind it mirrors your lost love in a gist!

pic courtesy:pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment